Live Review: Misha B

Whilst Misha B may still have a small repertoire, she has a big voice, big hair and a growing fan base

Whilst Misha B may still have a small repertoire, she has a big voice, big hair and a growing fan base. As the opening act for Nicki Minaj’s Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded Tour, the 20 year old X-Factor semi-finalist really came in to her own. The crowd was unsurprisingly a mixed bunch, teens, parents and die-hard Minaj fans alike filled the arena, but most seemed more than happy to dance and sing along with her set.  Two original tracks were featured, the singles 'Home Run', released in July and 'Do You Think of Me', to be released in November. The latter was the best vocal performance of the set. It was great to hear that her voice, which sounds powerful on recordings and post-production, was just as good, if not even better, when performing live. Whilst the song seems to have X-factor written all over it (pop ballad, think Leona Lewis) the live performance was emotional and genuine. The energy of strutting across the stage and working the crowd can never be achieved within the confines of studio recordings.

The energy of strutting across the stage and working the crowd can never be achieved within the confines of studio recordings

Various covers or snippets of covers, performed as a musical montage, made up the rest of the set list. Classics such as Cyndi Lauper’s 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun' and Whitney Houston’s 'I Wanna Dance With Somebody', and a rendition of Misha’s cover of Adele’s 'Rolling in the Deep', first heard on the X-Factor got the crowd singing along and confirmed her vocal skills-belting high notes and rapping included. This tour is surely the beginning of great things for such a talented singer and confident performer.

SHARE

clcastle