Foodies Festival to Return to Cannon Hill Park in June 2016 | Redbrick | University of Birmingham

Foodies Festival to Return to Cannon Hill Park in June 2016

The Foodies Festival is set to return to Cannon Hill Park this summer featuring GBBO's winner, Nadiya Hussain and other top chefs for three days of foodie fun.

This summer will see the UK’s biggest celebration of food and drink, Foodies Festival, return to Birmingham for its second year and it promises to be unmissable.  The event will be at Cannon Hill Park on 3-5 June with appearances from food experts and celebrity chefs, including 2015’s Great British Bake Off winner Nadiya Hussain.

The festival’s Aga Rangemaster Chefs’ Theatre will welcome Hussain, Tony Rodd (Masterchef 2015 finalist), celebrity chef Nigel Brown, and a whole host of Michelin starred and Birmingham chefs to showcase their skills in live cooking shows and answer audience questions.

'Nadiya Hussain will be amongst the top chefs attending the festival...'
Nadiya will also be found with expert baker Charlotte White and master chocolatier Fiona Sciolti on the Cake & Bake stage as they create delicious desserts in front of a live audience. If that whets your appetite, neighbouring stall Chocolate, Cake and Bake Village will be on hand with freshly baked bread, sponges, tarts, and trifles to satisfy your cravings. Or if you’re feeling nostalgic, step back in time at the Vintage Tea Room, with teas, handmade cakes, and scones all served up by vintage-styled staff.

Foodies FestivalFor something a little more exotic, Street Food Avenue is set to serve a huge variety of world cuisine including French, Malaysian, and Korean, but with special focus on Brazilian street food in honour of this year’s Rio Olympics.

Health food lovers will be able to visit the Feel Good and Superfoods stage to see healthy living chefs and food writers share their knowledge of superfood benefits, show off their culinary talents as they cook with health foods, and provide take-home recipes.
Like your food with more of a kick? Competitors in the Chilli-Eating Challenge will take on not only the Carolina Reaper chilli (the hottest in the world) but also pure chilli extract before a winner is crowned. Alternatively, the Vietnamese Street Food Stand which serves up a variety of our six (or more!) legged friends including grasshoppers, ants, and caterpillars, will hold a daily Bush Tucker Trial for anyone willing to take on the jungle.

As if all that wasn’t enough, there will be a Children’s Cookery School, an Artisan Producers’ Market where visitors can buy Great Taste Award winning food from 120 stalls, a Drinks Theatre with masterclasses and tutorials from expert mixologists as well as a whisky challenge, and plenty of live music and pop-up bars around the festival.

For more information and tickets, visit www.foodiesfestival.com

Fourth year modern languages student with a love of animals, food, and travel.

Lanyard Media