Birmingham Food Events | Redbrick | University of Birmingham

Birmingham Food Events

If you are feeling bored this Summer, Sahar Jamfar recommends some of the best food and drink festivals in Birmingham

Who doesn't want to spend a day sipping gin or tasting yummy food in Brum?

Lichfield Food Festival, Saturday 26th – Monday 28th August, Lichfield City Centre

Another free-entry festival, this August Bank Holiday weekend will be jam-packed with food and drink stalls, free cookery demonstrations, street food and pop-up coffee and cocktails bars, live music and a brewers event.

Gin Festival Birmingham, Friday 1st– Sunday 3rd September, Custard Factory

This one’s for all you gin lovers out there. There will be over 100 different gins, including some that you won’t see anywhere else. The festival also includes gin masterclasses, cocktail bar, live music and delicious food.

This one's for all you gin lovers out there

Midlands Whiskey Festival, Friday 15th – Saturday 16th September, Cannon Street

Here you’ll find the world’s best whiskies as well as masterclasses, food pairings, and whisky chat. If you want to find out more about whiskey, then this is the festival for you.

Regular events in Birmingham include:

Digbeth Dining Club every Friday and Saturday at Spotlight and Mama Roux’s. A personal favourite with Redbrick Food, this event brings the best locally sourced street food to Birmingham, with street closure events on the last Friday of every month.

Digbeth Dining Club is a personal favourite with Redbrick Food

The Schoolyard Market in Harborne every Saturday. The Schoolyard Market comes alive with global street food, DJs, fashion pop-up shops, food stalls and a Tiki cocktail bar.

Outdoor Summer Garden Sessions every Friday at No21 Digbeth. This features some of the best Street Food Trucks, Outdoor Cocktails and Beer Shacks with some of the finest musical artists on the scene. And it’s free!

Taste & Liquor events in Digbeth every Saturday at No21 Digbeth. Events include Brunch + Hip Hop Brum on 10th June, Munch’n & 90s RnB on 17th June, Street Food Cinema on 24th June and Big Fat Burger Festival on 26th August.

Sahar's in her third and final year of Policy, Politics and Economics. In her spare time, she likes to cook, dance and watch Ru Paul's Drag Race. Her primary interests are feminism, gay rights and Iran. (@saharjamfar)

4th August 2017 at 9:00 am