Food Events In Brum | Redbrick | University of Birmingham

Food Events In Brum

Food Editor Phoebe Radford tells you all the food events in Birmingham that you should have marked on your calendar

Weekly Events

Digbeth Dining Club

DDC was voted Best Street Food Event in the UK, and it’s not hard to see why. Held every Friday and Saturday in the heart of Digbeth, each night offers plenty of choice from different food traders who are there on a rotating basis, so you can go week after week and still try something new. Highlights include Buddha Belly’s amazing Thai food, the English Indian’s twist on traditional fish and chips and The Flying Cow’s burgers, winners of best burger at the 2017 British Street Food Awards.

DDC is held at Spotlight, Lower Trinity Street, Digbeth.

Hawker Yard

Hawker Yard is a street food venue with resident and guest street food traders. This past spring/summer, resident traders were Burgerilla and Mr Bailey’s Jerk Shack. Previous resident vendors have included The Vegan Grindhouse, Dim Sum Su, The Mexican Bean, BAKE, and more. Keep an eye on their social media accounts and website for upcoming collaborations. Hawker Yard is open three evenings/nights a week, each with a varied vibe. Fridays offer an after work/pre-party vibe with street food and drink. Saturdays have live music and DJs alongside food, cocktails, and craft beer. Sundays are more chill, with a bottomless brunch and DJs.

Hawker Yard is open Fridays 17.00-00.00, Saturdays 12.00-00.00, Sunday 12.00-22.00 and can be found at 62-70 Pershore Street.

Sundays are more chill, with a bottomless brunch and DJ's

Harborne School Yard Market

Every Saturday sees the School Yard turn into a market with a street food focus. The food stalls rotate each week, so you can go back each week and not get bored. Cocktails and craft beer are on offer to wash it all down, and then you can browse all the fashion and vintage stalls.

Every Saturday, 12-6pm, Harborne School Yard

Upcoming Annual Events

Oktoberfest

18th-22nd October, Eastside Park

Oktoberfest has moved from Cannon Hill Park to Eastside Park in the city centre. There will be bratwurst, Bavarian music, and, of course, lots of beer. Their tent has capacity for 2,500 people and you can buy a package to book a table with beer and food. Tickets and packages are available online at Birmingham-oktoberfest.co.uk

BBC Winter Good Food Show

30th November – 3rd December, Birmingham NEC

Redbrick Food have had press tickets to BBC Good Food shows for the past two years, so if this is something you’re interested in going to and you’d like to write a review, keep an eye out for announcements!

Featuring live demonstrations and over 500 exhibitors of brands and independent producers, the BBC Good Food Show promotes all things good in food!

German Christmas Markets

16th November - 24th December

The markets are back! Taking over Victoria Square and New Street, it is the largest German market outside of Germany or Austria. There are over 120 stalls selling all sorts of food and drink, but also traditional German goods. It’s a lovely atmosphere and makes a great day out for large groups of friends.

Pizza and Prosecco Festival

16th December, 14.00-22.00, The Rainbow Venues

There is a lot of good stuff going on in this line up. 20 different types of prosecco as well as prosecco cocktails, pizza, more street food, and live music. Held at the Rainbow venues, this event has already proved to be popular, with only final release tickets still available. If you want a slice of the action, head to skiddle.com to buy your ticket.