Gadget Review: Lume Cube | Redbrick | University of Birmingham

Gadget Review: Lume Cube

Lume cube ensures you get the perfect shot, even in low light. Roshni Patel reports.

These days we’re all expert phone photographers, taking candid shots of each other, selfies on holiday or just photos of Old Joe on a sunny day. But as our phones get smaller, it becomes increasingly more difficult to get good shots in low light, and if you’ve ever tried taking shots at night, you’ll know the photos just don’t compare to those taken with a DSLR or a camera with a decent flash.

these cubes are also waterproof for up to 30m; making them perfect for those underwater shots on holiday...

That’s where Lume Cube comes to the rescue, providing additional lighting for all your photography needs. These tiny rugged flashlights are only 1.5in cubes, that can provide up to 1500 lumens of light; which is as bright as a 120 candles. Easily mounted to phone, cameras and GoPros, Lume Cubes are simple to use, providing wireless lighting anywhere and in any weather, as these cubes are also waterproof for up to 30m; making them perfect for those underwater shots on holiday.

With a long battery life and a low price of £80 these small cubes are worth the splurge if you have a vested interest in photography. Ideal for mounting onto DSLRs, they could save any photographer a fortune over some of the branded alternatives. Originally launched on Kickstarter last year, founders Mornee Sherry and Matt Cummins, hope that these cubes will help everyone get those more awesome shots on their GoPros and phones. It’s often said the best camera any photographer has is the one that they have with them, so why not always have good lighting to capture every moment.

Redbrick Gaming Editor, who also occasionally dabbles in the dark arts of other sections. Graduating July 2018 (@roshofalltrades)

21st April 2016 at 7:02 pm

Kevin and Lisa Yen