News: Spyro the Dragon Remastered Trilogy Announced | Redbrick | University of Birmingham

News: Spyro the Dragon Remastered Trilogy Announced

Activision announce the highly-anticipated remade Spyro the Dragon trilogy, featuring new controls, an updated soundtrack, and more

Following the incredible success of the remade Crash Bandicoot trilogy, Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy, Activision are now looking at remaking another of PlayStation's most memorable character's trilogy, Spyro the Dragon.

Spyro Reignited Trilogy is coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on September 21st, Activision announced on the 5th April this year. This collection will include the first three of the purple dragon's adventures: Spyro The Dragon, Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer, and Spyro: Year of the Dragon completely "remade from the ground up".

The original developers Insomniac Games are currently busy at work producing the new Spider-Man game for PlayStation 4, also arriving this September. The developers working on the Reignited Trilogy are Toys for Bob, who created the Skylanders series, with Spyro as the main protagonist.

Activision has stated that we can expect "improved environments, updated controls, brand-new lighting and recreated cinematic." They also promise "full analog stick support and smooth camera handling", with a reimagined soundtrack originally created by Stewart Copeland.

There appears to be no announcement for a PC or Nintendo Switch version at the moment, but it is likely Activision will port the game over to these systems if there is enough demand, and/or the game performs well on consoles.

The game will cost £34.99. An interesting price considering the game will cost $40.00 in America, where their standard retail price for new games is $60.00, and here it is £40.00

You can find more information following this link, which also provided the information for this news story - https://www.polygon.com/2018/4/5/17124542/spyro-the-dragon-trilogy-hd-collection-release-date-spyro-reignited-ps4-xbox-one

A 3rd year Philosophy student at the University of Birmingham. Interested in giving honest opinions with others. Thinking and being passionate are my favourite hobbies, other than listening to Metallica. (@Nic_the_thinker)

8th April 2018 at 9:00 am

Polygon and Amazon