Nintendo Officially Announce Pokemon Sun and Moon | University of Birmingham

Nintendo Officially Announce Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon

During a special live edition of Pokemon Direct, Nintendo officially announced the first Pokemon games of the seventh generation would be released on the Nintendo 3DS later in 2016; Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon.

Pokemon Direct was broadcast at midnight in Japan, so it would coincide exactly with February 27th, the 20th anniversary of Pokemon. The games were announced through an emotional video package showing how the franchise has evolved over the last two decades, ending upon the promise that it would continue to do so in the newest games. They also announced Sun and Moon would be available in Traditional and Simplified Chinese, adding to the seven available languages for the sixth generation.

Very little is currently known about the titles at this time. More information will likely be leaked through Corocoro magazine in the lead up to release.

In addition, it was also confirmed that Pokemon Red, Blue & Yellow on the Nintendo 3DS would be compatible with Pokemon Bank. While Pokemon cannot be then moved to Pokemon X & Y and Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, they will be compatible with Sun and Moon. The original Pokemon games were only compatible with Gold, Silver & Crystal and hardware restrictions meant Pokemon could not be brought up to Ruby & Sapphire and beyond. This is sure to please many a Pokefan, and add more stock to an already nostalgia filled release.

Jacob is an MA Creative Writing student known as the Bringer of Lists. He is notorious for his love of fantasy writing, terrifying knowledge of all things Pokemon, and obsession with burgundy clothes. (@PhoenixJacobS)

Wordpress and

ADVERT
ADVERT
ADVERT