Grad Careers Advice from Experts at 'Secrets to Success' | Redbrick | University of Birmingham

Grad Careers Advice from Experts at ‘Secrets to Success’

Whether corporate or entrepreneurial, the Careers Network is running workshops and Q&As to benefit your graduate prospects this June 2nd.

If there's one thing to appreciate about being a Birmingham student, it's our amazing, award-winning Careers Network. With the upcoming Working Wonders fortnight running from the 4th to the 18th of June, they're outdoing themselves, with a host of exciting events taking place across campus promising to seriously boost your employability.

...one of the coolest Careers Network events is taking place on June 2nd, including appearances from the likes of Student Beans founder James Eder...
As a precursor to this, however, one of the coolest Careers Network events of the year is taking place on June 2nd, including appearances from the likes of Student Beans founder James Eder: an enormously successful entrepreneur and Birmingham alum. Here's a run-down:

Secrets to Success is dedicated to learning  from alumni, entrepreneurs and fellow peers. A number of speakers have been lined up to divulge their secrets to success. You can expect to network with current students, enterprise societies and attend a choice of three interesting workshops that cover the most sought after skills in business.

Learn new skills and understand how you can get onto the right path of being successful, and learn from those who have developed their enterprising skills. Find out what employers want from you and network with students and graduates who have set up their own organisations and social ventures.

The event will offer you the chance to:

-   Listen to and engage with two successful alumni entrepreneurs:
James Eder, founder of Student Beans and the Beans Group.
Michelle Leavesley, Managing Director of Citydesk Sport
-  Take part in interactive workshops to develop those important skills needed for employment.
-  Network with entrepreneurs, employer representatives and fellow peers

This is also one of a number of Working Wonders events at which attendees can win Fab n Fresh tickets, Joe's Bar and Love2Shop vouchers, just by attending - so book your place while you still can! And while you're at it, find out more about Working Wonders.

Redbrick's Digital Editor 2015-16. Founder of Redbrick Gaming. Computer Science student. (@masoncusack)

29th May 2016 at 5:07 pm

29th May 2016 at 5:18 pm