Fierce and Finished | Redbrick | University of Birmingham

Fierce and Finished

Daisy Holden's take on this weeks Fierce and Finished...

Fierce

Kris Jenner’s turns 60
krisThe matriarch of the Kardashian-Jenner household turned sixty this week and had the most lavish Roaring Twenties themed birthday party. With a $2 million budget, this was the party to end all parties. Our favourite look was Kourtney Kardashian’s Great Gatsby tux.

Burberry’s Christmas Campaign
Burberry recreated the opening scenes of Billy Elliot with a star-studded cast, including Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Julie Walters and a cheeky appearance from Romeo Beckham. One of the more uplifting Christmas adverts.

Steven Klein for Nars
Top beauty brand NARS have launched their holiday collection designed by fashion photographer Steven Klein. The muted shimmery eye tones are offset by the dark lip colours, perfect for creating that dramatic party look.

Finished

H&M x Balmainia
If you managed to get anything, then you should feel massively pleased with yourself. The website crashed, people literally crashed in a fashion frenzy fighting over the goods, and the clothes are now on eBay for 10 times the amount.

Alber Elbaz206px-Igualtat_de_sexes.svg split from Lanvin
In the wake of Raf Simons departure from Dior, another fashion great has left the circuit. Alber Elbaz was the brains and beauty behind Lanvin for 14 years, and his shocking departure leaves more unanswered questions about the future of fashion houses.

Pay Gap
Men still earn on average 14.2% more money than women at work. According to the Fawcett Society, from November 9th women will effectively work for free until the end of the year due to the pay gap.

Third year English Language student / Online Travel Editor (@_DaisyHolden)

Khloe Kardashian and Mutxamel