Fierce and Finished | Redbrick | University of Birmingham

Fierce and Finished

Life & Style editor Zoe Screti tells us what is fierce and finished this week

Fierce

Cosy Jumpers: Gone are the days of floaty summer dresses, bare legs and crop tops. But it isn't all bad news. Winter sees the return of big, cosy jumpers. Turning up to 9am seminars feeling like your still wrapped up in your duvet whilst looking chic is something we absolutely love now that the weather is so much colder!

Prince Harry & Meghan Markle: Whilst Meghan in particularly has been receiving a lot of negativity, we could not be happier for the new couple! And, with both Prince William and Prince Harry having relationships with "commoners" it can only be a matter of time before one of us realises our childhood dream of being a princess... maybe!

Christmas: Christmas-o-holics are rejoicing at the fact that it is now officially acceptable to talk about Christmas. With both Halloween and Bonfire Night over and done with, we can't wait to put up the decorations, dig out our Christmas jumpers and enjoy the festive spirit!

Finished

Body Shaming: The internet has opened up a world of negativity with people regularly succumbing to nasty comments about the way they look. Carrie Hope Fletcher has most recently hit back with an empowering image of herself in a bikini showing off the "lumps and bumps" she is proud of. It's about time we all stop tearing each other down and instead try to build each other up.

Clothes Show Live's Move: It has been announced that this will be the last year that Clothes Show Live will be held in Birmingham. For 27 years the event has been held at Birmingham's NEC but as on next year it will find a new home (and a new name) in Liverpool. We'll definitely miss having the annual event on our doorstep!

2016: This year has witnessed the death of numerous icons, Brexit, Breadxit and a shocking end to the American presidential election. It's starting to seem more like a horror movie than the brilliant year many people had expected!

Masters student studying Early Modern History. Lover of all things rockabilly/vintage. Life & Style Editor (@zoescretimusic)

21st November 2016 at 1:11 pm