Fierce and Finished | Redbrick | University of Birmingham

Fierce and Finished

Life&Style writer Tara Kergon's take on this week's fierce and finished.

FIERCE

Gwen Stefani X Urban Decay 

Screen Shot 2016-02-08 at 17.47.25

Not exactly what you would expect of Gwen when thinking back to her No Doubt days, but a must have for makeup junkies. Designed to fill the gaps in Gwen Stefani’s collection, you can now get your hands on lipsticks, lip pencils, a blush palette and a brow kit (as well has her lust-worthy eyeshadow palette!) all in striking black, white, and gold packaging.

Sport Relief Bake Off 

SR16_great_sport_relief_bake_off_logo

God forbid us Brits go more than 6 months without Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood on our screens, and right now we’re all gathered round to see celebs take on the tent in aid of Sport Relief. While the classic GBBO can’t be beaten, at least the celeb’s bakes look as if they are vaguely achievable (except Sam-Cam’s Surf Cake – surely having a fine art degree is cheating?!).

FINISHED

“Seasonal” chocolate

SONY DSC

Yes, it’s delicious, and yes, we will eat all of it whether or not we’re celebrating the holiday (V-Day, we’re looking at you), but it’s hardly seasonal – before 2015 was even over we were bombarded with stacks of Easter eggs and chocolate bunnies. Surely the whole point is that it’s only available for a limited time?

Skinny Jeans 

Screen Shot 2016-02-08 at 18.04.59

They’ve become a uniform by now, and we’ve had them in bright colours, black, white, and ripped, but those in the know are ditching the spray on skinny. We’ve already seen the rise of mom jeans, and next up are rigid, straight-cut denims. Don’t dig out the flares just yet, but step away from the skinnies and let some fresh denim into your wardrobe.

Gold Tattoos 

Screen Shot 2016-02-08 at 17.52.59

Another one of last year’s festival “essentials”, here’s to hoping these don’t make a comeback this year. Temporary tattoos, especially this incarnation, remind us of being a little kid in the 90s – something we don’t particularly want to revisit! If you love tattoos but don’t want one for life, unleash your creativity and grab some henna instead!

Urban Decay, Sport Relief, Cadbury, Flash Tattoos and Something Navy