Fierce & Finished | Redbrick | University of Birmingham

Fierce & Finished

Life & Style writer Antonia Miles tells us what is fierce and finished this week

Fierce

Gothic Lips:
It’s time to reassess your winter lip game. Embrace seriously vampy vibes this Halloween, by opting for a statement berry red or a bold black. But do remember to use a lip liner for a base, as there’s nothing worse than when your lippy smudges and wears off!

Pumpkin Spice Latte:
Calling all coffee lovers; the Pumpkin Spice latte may well be a game changer for your Starbucks order. A subtle infusion of pumpkin, cinnamon and Autumnal spices that hits the spot.

Mom Jeans:
If you’re still clinging to summer’s hottest trend, your trusty pair of culottes, you’re not the only one. But wearing flares is so not ideal in this windy weather. Fear not; invest in a pair of ripped Mom jeans for instant comfort and for some serious style kudos.

Finished

GBBO:
As Bake off prepares to move to Channel 4, the nation is still very much in mourning over the loss of some much-loved favourites such as Mary Berry (chorus of sobs). But it’s been over a month now, and I yearn for the day when I can scroll through my newsfeed without seeing a heartbroken speech on GBBO’s exit.

Clocks going back:
The clocks went back on Sunday, boo! Whilst this does mean gaining a whole hour of sleep (yay!) it also means that the evenings get darker earlier. Seriously missing those chilled summer vibes and long lazy days in the sun.

Contouring:
It’s been one of the year’s biggest beauty trends but the days of the contour are outnumbered. There’s just too much stress involved and I’m so over having to wash my makeup brushes every few days. This Autumn, ditch your contour kits and make way for the comeback of seriously underrated blusher, for a flushed cheeks look.

3rd Year Geography student // Editor for Life&Style // Interested in politics, current affairs and fashion! (@antoniawritesx)