Top Five: Aftershaves | Redbrick | University of Birmingham

Top Five: Aftershaves

Life&Style's Antonia Miles gives us her top five in terms of aftershaves

If you’re stuck for gift inspiration this festive season, then look no further! Here’s our pick of the best aftershaves for men, or alternatively a little gift to yourself if the semester is beginning to take its toll on you!

Paco Rabanne One Million

Forget about testers in the shop! You’ve probably unknowingly already got a whiff of this, just walking around in your day to day life! It’s a really popular scent and it’s easy to understand why. It’s a warm and spicy scent, with cinnamon tones to it so it’s perfect for winter wear! This is definitely a ‘splurge’ gift, but you can find it for slightly cheaper if you shop around well enough.

Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male

Super affordable and very distinct. This scent is for the bold! Despite its distinctive smell, I think it’s perfect for any occasion. I really like the subtle orange and cinnamon undertones too.

Davidoff Cool Water

This scent is really recognisable. It’s very simple and light and seems to stay on all day. It’s also one of the brightest options for men’s fragrance as it’s so versatile and is really popular.

Zara Cologne

If you’re stuck for cash, don’t neglect high street favourites such as Zara for a new scent! Zara’s aftershaves are really versatile and are perfect for everyday use, not to mention they’re really affordable! Zara Man Silver is definitely my favourite scent because it’s really fresh but there’s a fragrance here for every guy.

Calvin Klein Man

A really fresh, spicy scent which, as the name implies, is really popular for all men on account of how suitable it is for everyday use. It’s reasonably priced, which is a blessing in disguise for students teetering on the edge of their overdraft and in need of a cheap gift idea.

3rd Year Geography student // Editor for Life&Style // Interested in politics, current affairs and fashion! (@antoniawritesx)

the grooming guide