Festival Preview: 2000 Trees | Redbrick | University of Birmingham

Festival Preview: 2000 Trees

Kylie McCormick previews 2000 Trees festival and chats to the organisers

In case one of the festivals on our amazing Festival Preview did not spark your interest, here is one more to possibly add to the list! 2000 Trees is an independent boutique festival that brings together the best of new and underground British music. Now in its 11th year, the festival has perfectly reached the mixture of forest serenity with astonishing music. All of this makes it one not to miss. We sat down with festival organizer James to chat about the 2017 festival and what to expect from 2000 Trees.

2000 Trees is an independent boutique festival that brings together the best of new and underground British music
James and his team are proud that '2000 Trees is really the only boutique rock festival in the UK' so for 'rock fans it is the place to go.' If rock is not necessarily your thing, there are still plenty of artists to dive into. 2000 Trees has a 'real commitment to promoting next generation bands' who return after supplanting their career, like Nothing But Thieves who are playing at this years festival. The music is central to this festival, so while there are other things to fill the time James and others really set a heavy focus on creating atmospheres to enjoy the best music possible.

Along with the music, the festival is also touted as the friendliest festival of the season. James chalks this up to open and enthusiastic organizers and good people that when combined with 'a beautiful location, good food, and good toilets' creates an all around incredible experience. And yes, the toilet thing is real. The festival has won awards for ‘Best Festival Toilets’ in previous years, something that’s certainly worth noting!

Along with the music, the festival is also touted as the friendliest festival of the season

So looking to get your ticket? Go ahead, it’s a great choice! James recommends coming up on Thursday and catching a show at the forest stage. If you do this, as well as focus on enjoying some amazing music in a beautiful spot, you will no doubt have an incredible festival experience.

Music contributor from Los Angeles. PhD in Music Festivals and Identity. (@kyliemccormick)

18th April 2017 at 9:34 am