Preview: Artwork Presents Art's House on Tour | Redbrick | University of Birmingham

Preview: Artwork Presents Art’s House on Tour

Greg Woodin previews an intimate takeover of the Hare & Hounds by the legendary DJ Artwork

It doesn’t get much more intimate than this – for one night only, the Hare & Hounds will become Artwork’s living room. Think ugly floral carpets, embarrassing family portraits and smoky open fires (okay, this last one might be subject to health and safety regulations) and you’ve got a pretty good idea of the vibe.

Warm house, disco and techno sounds will be supplied by Art all night long, one third of dubstep supergroup Magnetic Man alongside Skream and Benga, social media clown and widely respected DJ who can turn his hand to almost any style. This is a guy who used to DJ techno back in the ‘90s, co-wrote your favourite UK garage anthems and kinda, maybe, almost invented dubstep (the jury is out, but he had a pretty big part to play). This is also a guy who once had a Domino’s pizza delivered to his train. Yeah.

This one’s going down on 11th November, and you can pick up a ticket here. Tickets are already on final release, so be quick if you really fancy heading down. If you’re after a chilled-out night with feel-good beats and a friendly atmosphere, look no further. Just don’t put your cigarettes out on Artwork’s carpet – he hates that.

Studying MA by Research English Language and Applied Linguistics

10th September 2017 at 9:00 am

Huck Magazine