Preview: Elrow Town London | Redbrick | University of Birmingham

Preview: Elrow Town London

Music Editor Issy Campbell previews the return of elrow Town to London's Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, promising it is not one to be missed.

After elrow’s hugely successful debut UK festival, the international fiesta is returning to London for its second year with another massive lineup. Taking place over the 18th and 19th of August, this is a two-day festival not to be missed. The sold-out Saturday lineup includes Steve Lawler, Richy Ahmed and iconic industry DJ Paul Kalkbrenner, whilst the Sunday will be hosting one of the biggest names in electronic dance music, Fatboy Slim and for a second year, actor turned DJ Idris Elba. More names will be announced soon, but not to fret, elrow Town offers so much more than just music.

Explore the carnival side of this fantastic festival by taking some time to play in your very own adult playground. Last year saw games like human table football as well as a giant inflatable obstacle race that guaranteed a laugh as you challenged yourself and your friends to win prizes. With prizes like inflatable toys or free shots, its not only is it just a bit of fun, but worthwhile too.

Adding to the fun, elrow Town is offering up two of their most popular themes that will bring their famous fiesta flare to the weekend. The first theme is Sombardromo do Brasil – so gear up for a wild Brazilian festival that will transform the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park into a vibrant amazon. In true elrow style however, there is always a twist, and this year that comes in the form of the second theme, Psychedelic Trip. Elrow Town will therefore be providing you with a festival experience truly like no other; think 60s inspired hippy commune in the heart of the Brazilian rainforest. Pretty cool right?

Make no mistake, elrow Town is here to showcase the biggest and best names in techno music, but in reality it offers so much more and promises to be worth every penny. The last few VIP tickets for Saturday can be found here, but if it’s Sunday that takes your fancy then you’re in luck as general tickets are still available here. With the likelihood of more big names to be announced, do not miss out and secure yourself a ticket now.

However, if this preview alone doesn’t quite convince you, then you can head to our review of last year's festival here.

Music music music (@issycampbell)

Elrow Town