Preview: Katy Perry | Redbrick | University of Birmingham

Preview: Katy Perry

Ben Johns previews next year's world tour from sugarpop sensation Katy Perry, in support of her new album Witness

Katy Perry has a resumé that any pop star would be jealous of: she stormed the Super Bowl and has the most watched half-time show of all time; she’s the most followed person on Twitter (100,030,558 followers and counting); and most recently she headlined Radio 1’s Big Weekend. Since Perry made her comeback in the music game with the release of her fourth highly anticipated studio album Witness, a tour announcement was inevitable. She will perform seven dates across the UK and will be back in Birmingham at the city’s Barclaycard Arena on Monday 18th June 2018.

As one of the most successful pop stars of her generation, Perry is no stranger to smash hits and the set list of the ‘Witness: The Tour’ is expected to be full of them. With her debut single, ‘I Kissed A Girl’, to ‘Teenage Dream’ and new fan favourite ‘Swish Swish’ all in her repertoire, she will have the audience on their feet from the moment the curtain goes up right until the second when the house lights go up. The tour is scheduled to begin in the U.S. in September, and the UK tour will be the concluding leg of the show. ‘Witness: The Tour’ will be your opportunity to see the Queen of Purposeful Pop on what is bound to be a show full of bright lights, crazy costumes and chock-a-block with good music.

After performing in Birmingham, Katy will head to other UK cities including Sheffield (Tuesday 19th June), Glasgow (Sunday 24th June) before concluding the tour in Newcastle (Monday 25th June). Tickets are on sale now and are available here.

(@ben_johns)

Jeff Denberg