Preview: Kylie Minogue | Redbrick | University of Birmingham

Preview: Kylie Minogue

After a long wait for new music from Kylie Minogue, Ben Johns previews the pop sensation's upcoming Golden tour

Iconic pop superstar Kylie Minogue has announced a string of tour dates across Europe that are to take place in March. The mini tour will see Kylie swap the arena shows that she is known for, replacing them with intimate venues, giving fans the opportunity to get up close and personal with one of the UK’s most loved pop singers.

Beginning at London’s Café de Paris on Tuesday 13 March, Minogue will then head up to Manchester, where there will be a show at Gorilla on Wednesday 14 March. From there she’ll visit Barcelona and Paris, before rounding her whistle-stop trip around Europe a week later in Berlin. 

Nashville, the location for the majority of the album’s recording, has apparently influenced Kylie’s sound, with a country-tinge hinted at on new single ‘Dancing’

The tour will be in conjunction with her new album, Golden, which is scheduled for release on Friday 6 April. Nashville, the location for the majority of the album’s recording, has apparently influenced Kylie’s sound, with a country-tinge hinted at on new single ‘Dancing’.

To be in with a chance of seeing Kylie’s first new music in over four years in a unique setting, fans will have the opportunity of pre-ordering Golden and will receive a pre-sale code with an access link to buying tour tickets. If fans are lucky enough to receive a unique code, then they will be able to buy tickets from 10 am on Thursday 15 February.

For more information visit Kylie Minogue’s official website here.

(@ben_johns)