Preview: NSR Presents POWER | Redbrick | University of Birmingham

Preview: NSR Presents POWER

The team behind SUBMiSSiON are back, bringing a female-led night of disco and techno to the Night Owl to celebrate International Women's Day 2018

Your favourite student-run record label is back with a bang for another dose of musical fun. To celebrate International Women’s Day next Thursday 8th March, New Street Records invites one and all to POWER, a night of celebrating ‘girl power’ and independence.

POWER features an exclusively female line up of musical talent, ranging from a live band to funk, disco and techno genres on full display. NSR signing DAME, lead by ADO Shannon Farmer, will be bringing synth and groove fused together with Farmer’s gorgeous vocals; resident Tektu DJ and current postgrad student Hadler will be spinning her signature sound on the decks; and fourth year languages student Y4S will be wowing us with her brand of disco and funk. More acts are expected to be announced very shortly, so keep an eye out on NSR social media. Early bird release has already sold out, so make sure to bag a £4 ticket before they’re gone!

Following the roaring success of last semester’s SUBMiSSiON, a night that gave students a night off from their essay deadlines, it is safe to say that NSR know how to put on a show and make sure UoB students are guaranteed a good time. If you want to guarantee yourself a night you’ll never forget, head on down to POWER at The Night Owl next Thursday for some gal-static grooves.

Tickets for POWER can be found here. To keep up to date with announcements etc., visit the Facebook event here.

Deputy editor of Redbrick. Final year English Lit and Spanish student. I like music, coffee and bad jokes. (@whatkirstiedid)

New Street Records