Preview: Paloma Faith - 'The Architect' Tour | Redbrick | University of Birmingham

Preview: Paloma Faith – ‘The Architect’ Tour

Music Editor Issy Campbell tells us to expect, politics, emotion and captivating messages of change from Paloma Faith's upcoming tour: The Architect

Paloma Faith is back with new tour ‘The Architect’ this March. Paloma now joins Adele as the only female British artists this decaed to have their last three albums go double platinum in the UK after her 2014 release A Perfect Contradiction, which spent 29 weeks in the Top 10 Albums Chart. Now 4 years on, her latest album, The Architect, released last year, features an array of acclaimed co-writers, producers and collaborators, including love-song extraordinaire John Legend, Pop sensation Sia and even political activist and acclaimed journalist Owen Jones, to produce a forward-thinking record, with a fresh sound, that still holds the distinctive hallmark of Paloma’s musicality.

The Architect features an array of acclaimed co-writers, producers and collaborators to produce a forward-thinking record, with a fresh sound, that still holds the distinctive hallmark of Paloma’s musicality.
Paloma has said that her last records have been concerned with the past, but The Architect is all about looking at the future. Since embarking on motherhood, Paloma has felt an urge to “change things for a better future”, and it’s clear that this record embodies just that. Exploring both personal and political themes, you can expect The Architect tour to not only uplift you, but have you reeling with emotions and leave you fired up for the future; uniting in the face of oppression.

Her UK arena tour begins this March, coming to Birmingham’s Genting Arena on the 21st. Expect the usual savvy persona and on-stage energy, from one of the UKs most successful popstars.

Tickets are available for all dates here and for the Birmingham date here.

Music music music (@issycampbell)

NME