BUCS Netball Clean Sweep On Fantastic BUCS Wednesday | Redbrick | University of Birmingham

BUCS Netball Clean Sweep On Fantastic BUCS Wednesday

UoB Netball won all of their home games last BUCS Wednesdays in an impressive start to November for the club

Birmingham had 3 netball teams playing at home on Wednesday 1st November against various teams from across the country, and all came away with impressive wins in a fantastic afternoon for the club.

4th Team

UoB's Netball 4th Team played their 3rd league match of the season, at home to Birmingham City's 1st Team. The stakes were high in this local derby, and UoB didn't disappoint. Scoring a whopping 52 goals to BCU's 23, the 4s cruised through the game, showing their opponents who the best team in Birmingham really is! A fantastic third win for the home side puts them in a good place to play their first cup match of the season next week, against Leicester 2s.

3rd Team

The 3rd team played Nottingham 3s and won 33-25, taking their spot at top of the leaderboard.  Birmingham made a strong start, with great defence down the court throughout the whole game. UoB pulled ahead from the start, and went into the 2nd quarter with confidence off the back of playing some of their best netball this season. They then powered through the next 3 quarters and kept Nottingham behind, wary that they were strong and were not giving up. However, thanks to a great team effort and lots of support we kept our lead and secured the win, meaning Birmingham took the top spot in their league. It was another great win for the unbeaten team, who look to continue this next week against Nottingham's 5th team in their first cup game.

special mention must go to our GA Faye Dunn and GD Poppy Bathurst who individually had great performances

2nd Team:

It was a fantastic result for the 2’s this week, winning 77-26 against Bedfordshire 1’s. Whilst there was some fantastic play all down court, a special mention must go to our GA Faye Dunn and GD Poppy Bathurst who individually had great performances, winning "Oppositions Player" and "Players Player" awards. Throughout the game all combinations that went on court adjusted accordingly and worked exceptionally well, managing to keep to all team targets. Onwards and upwards for UoB 2’s in the hope of continue their winning streak next week against Nottingham 3’s in their first cup game.

Lucy Hoskin