UoB Netball Enjoy Another String of Positive Results | Redbrick | University of Birmingham

UoB Netball Enjoy Another String of Positive Results

UoB Netball continued their impressive winning streak on BUCS Wednesday, with all three teams enjoying success

UoB Netball had three of their teams in action on the 8th November, sweeping another set of positive results to continue their impressive run of form.

UoB Netball 2nds

Wednesday marked a continued winning streak for the 2nds, with a  well fought game against Nottingham 3rds ending 41-22. The 3rd team faced the same opposition last week, but the 2nds didn't let complacency take over them. They took to the court and achieved all team goals, showing some fantastic individual performances in the process. There were special mentions to Lucy Taylor for players player, Poppy Bathurst for oppositions player and Charlotte Bray for coaches player.

UoB Netball 3rds

It was a great win for the 3rds against Nottingham 5ths in their first cup match of the year. The girls made a really strong start, winning the first quarter 16-1 with some great defence down court and excellent movement from the shooters! Lots of improvements were made from last week, with plenty to work on in the future. The final score ended 48-17, with the 3rds continuing their winning streak. Player of the match was Rose Thomas and coach and players' player was Aimee Piercy.

UoB Netball 4ths

4ths enjoyed success in the first round of the cup, beating Leicester's 2nd team 43-28. The home side had a shaky start, with the first quarter ending 11-8. Their play improved after this point into the second quarter, but some key changes at half time enabled them to play to their usual form in the latter half of the game. Notably, shooting accuracy, turnover rate and the number of rebounds won were some of their strengths, which was pleasing as they had set their team targets in these areas.

It was good to see the team try to implement what they had learnt in training during the week, with a few too many skill moves perhaps causing a slow start to begin with. It is promising, though, that they are actively seeking to better their performance, as this will ensure that they continue to improve throughout the rest of the cup competition.

22nd November 2017 at 9:00 am

Lucy Hoskin