Welcome to Redbrick Careers! | Redbrick | University of Birmingham

Welcome to Redbrick Careers!

One of two brand new sections for this year, Redbrick Careers is an insight into the best graduate careers and industries, for students, by students.

The focus of the section in our print edition will be on two regular features. First, we'll be running interviews with alumni - they've been in your position, navigated the turbulent job market of the last few years and are now well on the way to an ideal career, and in the alumni interview section, we'll be asking them how they did it.

They've been in your position, navigated the turbulent job market of the last few years and are now well on the way to an ideal career, and in the alumni interview section, we'll be asking them how they did it.

The second regular feature - included in our first print issue as a taster of things to come - is the industry spotlight. This one's all about getting the inside track from the leading companies in a given industry, speaking to their management and HR teams - the people who offer the jobs you're after - and profiling the company itself as a kind of industry case study.

Each week will have an industry theme from right across the spectrum, kicking off this week in Construction and Civil Engineering with our spotlight on Carillion (opposite). As well as our regular print features, we'll be posting job updates and careers and alumni news, in partnership with the Careers and Alumni networks at the university.

In keeping with the fact that we are a careers and jobs section, Redbrick Careers is hiring! We're looking for two section editors (one print, one online) to help run and build the section for the coming year, as well as writers and contributors.

If you're interested in applying to be a part of the section, send an email to careers@redbrickonline.co.uk with your favourite company and what makes them great, and we'll be in touch to organise a chat. Until then, keep an eye on our tweets at @redbrickpaper and follow @redbrickcareers for updates!

Redbrick Editor-in-chief 2015-16 , music nerd and occasional/former history student (@mattmoody17)