Withings Activité – The Trendy Tracker | Redbrick | University of Birmingham

Withings Activité – The Trendy Tracker

Fitness trackers are the latest fad, but none have looked as smart as the Swiss-made Withings Activité. Roshni Patel reports.

the idea of having to sleep with a wristband which has a tendency to randomly flash at me, so that I can see how badly I slept, doesn’t really appeal...
These days it seems that fitness trackers are everywhere, from the wrist of your housemate to your lecturer. They’re sporting Fitbits, Nike Fuel bands and Misfit (to name a few), which can measure everything from your step count to your heart rate and even how well you slept. But these bands often don’t serve much purpose past activity tracking and aren’t often very aesthetically appealing. And while I’m no fashion expert, the idea of having to sleep with a wristband which has a tendency to randomly flash at me, so that I can see how badly I slept, doesn’t really appeal. If you find yourself in the same mind, perhaps the Swiss-made Withings’ Activité watch and activity tracker might be more to your style.

Activité

Featuring a smart looking analogue watch face, which is embedded with a simple smaller step counter dial and an array of sensors hidden within. All the data collected can be accessed from within an app, which also allows you to set your own step goals which can be tracked on a dial on the face. As someone who can’t live without her watch and is an item which I put on every morning with along with my glasses, this looks like a seamless addition to the morning routine, and looks smart to boot.

this watch is a pleasant upgrade from any worn out timepiece...
With prices starting from £119.95, the Withings range is a little more expensive than its competitors. But for a watch which is fully waterproof up to 50m, has a 8 month battery and updates automatically to the correct time; no matter the time zone or daylight savings, it’s well worth the price tag if your wanting to upgrade your watch. Complete with a vibrating alarm and online leader boards to challenge your friends, this watch is a pleasant upgrade from any worn out timepiece.

Activité

Redbrick Gaming Editor, who also occasionally dabbles in the dark arts of other sections. Graduating July 2018 (@roshofalltrades)

21st April 2016 at 7:09 pm

21st April 2016 at 7:28 pm

Nabeel H and Withings