Life&Style's Elizabeth Winter discusses the negative influence of the promotion of 'fad' diets on Instagram and how it effects mental healthWritten by Elizabeth Winter on 11th May 2019
10 Facts About Costa Coffee
Life&Style writer Beckey Bulman lists 10 facts about the multinational coffeehouse company Costa...
- The Costa brothers opened their first coffee shop on Vauxhall Bridge Road, London.
- Costa Express operates 4,256 vending machines in the UK
- Costa’s first international store opened in Dubai in 1999.
- Costa was the first UK coffee chain to control the whole coffee making process from start to finish.
- Costa set up the Costa Foundation in 2006 - a registered charity that improves the social and economic welfare of coffee-growing communities.
- Their 1000th coffee shop was opened in 2009 in Cardiff.
- The coffee taster for Costa coffee has his tongue insured for £10m.
- Costa celebrated its 40th birthday in 2011.
- Costa are the only coffee company in the world that source 100% of their beans from Rainforest Alliance farms.
- Costa has been voted the nation’s favourite coffee shop for the last three years in a row.