13 Year Old Boy Arrested Following Triple Stabbing Near UoB School | Redbrick | University of Birmingham

13 Year Old Boy Arrested Following Triple Stabbing Near UoB School

A 13 year old boy has been arrested on suspicion of assault after what West Midlands Police are calling a ‘major incident’ took place on Monday 10th December

Three male teenagers were stabbed near the University of Birmingham School yesterday afternoon.

Ambulance services were called to the junction between Bristol Road and Weoley Park Road in Selly Oak at approximately 4:20pm.

Police officers were 'called to Weoley Park Road (...) to reports that three teenagers had suffered stab wounds'

West Midlands Police have released a statement saying that an investigation has now been launched.

The 13 year old boy is now in police custody for questioning.

Speaking to Birmingham Live, a West Midlands Police spokesperson said that police officers were ‘called to Weoley Park Road [...] to reports that three teenagers had suffered stab wounds.’ The injuries ‘are not thought to be serious,’ and the ‘three teenagers were taken to hospital.’

Five police vehicles, multiple ambulances and an armed unit attended the scene.

Martha Allen-Smith, a student from the University of Birmingham who lives near the school, posted on Facebook’s ‘Fab N Fresh’ page on Monday afternoon shortly after the stabbing, warning university students of the incident.

Following Monday’s incident, the junction with Weoley Park Road was closed.

Police enquiries are ongoing.

If you have any information in relation in this attack, West Midlands Police ask that you call 101 quoting log 1711 10/12 or get in touch via Live Chat at www.west-midlands.police.uk.

Final Year English Literature Student ~ News Editor ~ (@sophie_woodley)

Elliott Brown