5. Mrs. Brown’s Boys Brendan O’Carroll plays Irish (Mammy) Mrs Brown who has six kids and has to contend with letting the last of her babies fly. Currently in its second series, the show is filmed in front of a live audience with mistakes and impromptu laughter left in, making for a different sort of […]

Written by Russell Webb
Hi, i'm studying english with creative writing. Originally I am from Feltham, which is in Greater London, near Heathrow Airport. Current TV Editor

5. Mrs. Brown’s Boys

Brendan O’Carroll plays Irish (Mammy) Mrs Brown who has six kids and has to contend with letting the last of her babies fly. Currently in its second series, the show is filmed in front of a live audience with mistakes and impromptu laughter left in, making for a different sort of show.

4. Miranda

Miranda Hart’s turn to camera monologue style has captivated British audiences. Catchphrases such as ‘bear-with’ and bursts of Heather Small have infiltrated the small screen for two series with a third being planned for this summer.

3. Not Going Out

Starring top stand-ups Lee Mack and Tim Vine playing character versions of themselves. Mack is an out of work, lazy northerner and Vine is an uptight, pedantic southerner trying to protect his sister from Mack’s advances. Hilarious physical humour and one-liners.

2. Gavin and Stacey

An Essex boy falls in love with a Welsh girl in a whirlwind romance written by James Corden and Ruth Jones, who play two of the best characters in sitcom history: Smithy and Nessa. The awkwardness and changes in their romance ensures brilliance in all three series of the show.

1. The Inbetweeners

After three series and a blockbuster movie, the four unlikely lads play out the teenage years that we all both cherish and cringe. Will, Simon, Jay and Neil contend with their awkwardness with girls and being generally uncool to entertain the young and old alike.