Vice President (Democracy and Resources) The VPDR oversees finances and democracy, ensuring that money spent benefits students. They are also responsible for communicating the Guild’s message to the wider student body. They also organise Guild events such as Fab. Candidates Vici ‘Casino’ Royle Rob ‘the Builder’ Sassoon Leander ‘the Panda’ Jones Vici ‘Casino’ Royle First […]

Written by Zahra Damji
Final Year Law Student and Redbrick News Editor.

Vice President (Democracy and Resources)

The VPDR oversees finances and democracy, ensuring that money spent benefits students. They are also responsible for communicating the Guild’s message to the wider student body. They also organise Guild events such as Fab.

Candidates
Vici ‘Casino’ Royle
Rob ‘the Builder’ Sassoon
Leander ‘the Panda’ Jones

Vici ‘Casino’ Royle
First day went really well. The rain obviously was a bit of a downer but this meant that I could have a breather meeting with my campaign manager to reflect on the day’s results. And to not overwhelm students with what has been a bit of a manic shift to the pretty and serene campus to an elections-heavy, banner-heavy, cardboard-heavy campus.
Back to top

Rob ‘the Builder’ Sassoon
This is my fifth time running a cross-campus campaign and it’s even more tiring than ever before! I’m glad there’s been some discussion about my manifesto points and their feasibility, and I would hope that people would accept that cheaper drinks in Joe’s are perfectly plausible next year despite other candidates suggesting otherwise. It’s been great to get to know candidates today, I’ve already made lots of new friends and not only am I looking forward to the 2 weeks ahead, but also starting to count down the days left!
Back to top

Leander ‘the Panda’ Jones
Nothing special yet! It’s too early to tell. I’m a bit gutted I put out loads of cardboard in the morning and then had to run around like a maniac half way through the day and take it all down again because it started raining. My legs are exhausted, and I hope the sun starts shining.
Back to top