Vice President (Activities & Development) Responsible for supporting university student groups, the VPAD is tasked with representing the interests of Student Committees and ensuring facilities are available for their activities. This role also includes liaising with groups such as the Careers and Employability Centre to enhance the role of student activities in personal development. Candidates […]

Written by Chris Hutchinson
Chris Hutchinson Digital Editor at Redbrick

Vice President (Activities & Development)

Responsible for supporting university student groups, the VPAD is tasked with representing the interests of Student Committees and ensuring facilities are available for their activities. This role also includes liaising with groups such as the Careers and Employability Centre to enhance the role of student activities in personal development.

Candidates
Ollie “Where’s Ollie” Cosentino
Chris “The Master” Bates
Anna-Kaisa Polojärvi

Ollie “Where’s Ollie” Cosentino
How are you feeling today on the first day? Any nerves?
No not at all. I feel really up for it and I’m really excited to get going. I’ve had a good week planning and getting everything done, so yes, I’m really looking forward to it.

How important do you feel your campaign team is around you?
Massively important. I wouldn’t be able to do it without them, I know I have a really strong group behind me.

Have you spent the weekend doing anything in particular to prepare?
Yes just general preparation, card painting and t-shirts. But just having a bit of a get together with everyone and keeping spirits high, plus having a bit of fun really.
Back to top

Chris “The Master” Bates
Little bit of nerves, trying to use it, trying to use the nervous energy and make it run, have a bit of
fun with it.

They’re fantastically important, nobody has ever won this on their own, I’ve got some incredible
friends who are helping me out and I have a great campaign manager, and hopefully we’re just going to get a load of people out on campus have a bit of fun with it

Over the weekend, I’ve tried to split my time, so I did a bit of campaigning; making signs and t-shirts. But I also had a nice chill out and watched a couple of plays over the weekend. In all, I had a cracking weekend and I’m all refreshed and ready to go.
Back to top

Anna-Kaisa Polojärvi
Well obliviously since I was ill today, I am not feeling amazing, but my mood is good nevertheless and I am in the fighting spirit and I do not think this is the time for nerves – I will face that on the results night

A good campaign team gives support and practical assistance so obviously I feel a campaign team is a definite asset.

I spent the weekend finishing off the campaign material, but also made it my aim to find short moments to relax before the two week campaigning starts.
Back to top