Redbrick | The official student newspaper of the University of Birmingham

ISIS is Monstrous, But So is Capital Punishment

Trophy Wife 2.0: How the ‘Trophy Wife’ is Changing for the Better

Essential Albums: Patti Smith – Horses

Review: Bomber Crew

Rightmove Embroiled in ‘Sex for Rent’ Phenomenon

On 25th July, students discovered an advert on Rightmove for a two-bedroom house in Selly Oak for female students 'with reduced rent' for 'special favours'.

Guild of Students Named ‘Union of the Year’ By NUS

Birmingham beat off competition from Leeds, Worcester, and London

Councillors Claim Creative Subjects Are Sidelined

Birmingham Councillors have recently called for creative subjects to be added to the English Baccalaureate (EBacc) certificate.

Comment

POLITICS

In light of the extradition of two ISIS agents to the US, Comment Editor Alex Cirant-Taljaard argues that the death penalty can never be justified

INTERNATIONAL

Liberal Hypocrisy Over the Death Penalty is Beyond Parody

Liberal anger over Sajid Javid's decision to allow the possible execution of two Islamic State militants is dangerously misplaced, argues Comment Writer Harpreet Pannu

Features
Campus Sport

SLIDER (SPORTS)

Kick-Ass! Competition Success For UoB Kickboxers- Part 4

Sport writer Kieren Williams reports on the UoB Kickboxing Team's latest competition successes in a four-part special for Redbrick Sport, in Part 4, he reports on the evening of finals for UoB

SLIDER (SPORTS)

Kick-Ass! Competition Success For UoB Kickboxers- Part 3

Sport writer Kieren Williams reports on the UoB Kickboxing Team's latest competition successes in a four-part special for Redbrick Sport, in Part 3, he rounds up some impressive performances for the Middleweight Women

SLIDER (SPORTS)

Kick-Ass! Competition Success For UoB Kickboxers- Part 2

Sport writer Kieren Williams reports on the UoB Kickboxing Team's latest competition successes in a four-part special for Redbrick Sport, in Part 2, we move through the latter end of the middleweights and into the Heavyweight Beginner Males

Latest Posts

ESSENTIALS

Essential Albums: Patti Smith – Horses

Music Editor Letty Gardner discusses why Patti Smith's 1975 debut 'Horses' is an incredible listen and an essential album

SINGLE REVIEWS

Single Review: BROCKHAMPTON- ‘1998 TRUMAN’

Harry Hetherington finds BROCKHAMPTON's immensely enjoyable single a good sign amidst the group's effective rebirth

LIVE REVIEWS

Festival Review: Longitude

Ben Johns argues that the Sunday of Longitude, led by the likes of Solange, SZA and IAMDDB, deserves more credit than many gave it

Redbrick Photography and Illustration

Redbrick Awards 2017

Sport were the big winners at this year's Redbrick Awards, taking home top prizes for Best Section and Best Editor at the Botanical Gardens (all photos by Elafris Photography)

By Redbrick on 21st June 2017
More images

Alumni Sportsday 2017

Redbrick's photographers were out in force to capture some of the action on Alumni Sportsday