FOUR club goers have been hurt in a shooting incident which took place at Digbeth’s Custard Factory complex in the early hours of Sunday morning. Three men and a woman, all in their early twenties and from Birmingham and Wolverhampton, were taken to hospital shortly after 1am. The woman was later discharged, and the men […]

Written by Helen Crane

FOUR club goers have been hurt in a shooting incident which took place at Digbeth’s Custard Factory complex in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Three men and a woman, all in their early twenties and from Birmingham and Wolverhampton, were taken to hospital shortly after 1am. The woman was later discharged, and the men are said to be in a stable condition.

They had been attending the Urban Music Event 2010, an annual black music festival. There were around 1000 people at the venue at the time of the incident.

The area around the complex on Gibb Street has since been sealed off for forensic examination, and police are examining CCTV footage.

David Peebles from the Custard Factory said: ‘The event was not hosted, sponsored, organised or managed in any way by the Custard Factory although we do have a business relationship with the company responsible for the event’

‘Pending the result of the police investigation, which is now under way, it is difficult for us to throw any more light on this tragic incident.’

Det Insp Tom Chisholm of West Midlands Police said: ‘We have a number of statements to take but the offender is described as a black male who may have been part of a larger group.’

The police are appealing for anyone with more information to make contact.

The Brilliant Club Advert