LFW trends: From catwalk to high street | Redbrick | University of Birmingham

LFW trends: From catwalk to high street

Bold prints:

HofH

House of Holland

river island

River Island

House of Holland showed that bright, psychedelic prints are going to be a massive trend. While a whole suit might be a bit too much, you can replicate the look with this fantastic blazer from River Island for just £50, and get noticed for all the right reasons.

Americana:

Temperly

Temperley London

Screen shot 2013-02-25 at 15.34.05

Jones and Jones at Topshop

Americana is all about being classy, and Temperley London showed that an A-line skirt should still be an essential part of every woman’s wardrobe. Jones and Jones at Topshop have a fantastic range of reworked vintage dresses for around £60 that will help you to achieve this iconic look.

Stripes:

Burberry

Burberry

River Island

River Island

Although not flattering for everyone, Burberry Prorsum and Vivienne Westwood have decided that wide horizontal stripes are in (and you just can’t argue with names like that). This eye-catching River Island dress is a fantastic buy at just £35. Looking like you’ve just walked off Vivienne Westwood’s catwalk = priceless.

Leather: 

Mulberry

Mulberry

skirt

Warehouse

Mulberry never fails to capture British heritage, and this time we are working with sumptuous leather. Faux leather can often look cheap, but with this £38 Warehouse skirt no one will ever know the difference. It could even be teamed with a Cambridge Satchel Company bag to complete the look.

Images by Vogue.co.uk and individual stores

Jenna Clake is the former Online Arts Editor of Redbrick and studies English with Creative Writing at the University of Birmingham. (@jennaclake)