A man is left fighting for his life after being seriously wounded by a gunshot outside the Rainbow Warehouse nightclub last night. Police have confirmed the victim to be a 35 year old male who was attending the Circo Loco music event at the popular Digbeth nightclub when he was shot in the abdomen shortly […]

A man is left fighting for his life after being seriously wounded by a gunshot outside the Rainbow Warehouse nightclub last night.

Police have confirmed the victim to be a 35 year old male who was attending the Circo Loco music event at the popular Digbeth nightclub when he was shot in the abdomen shortly before midnight on Saturday.

Two men aged 34 and 29 have been arrested following the attack. They have been bailed with strict conditions while enquiries are set to continue.

The police were called to the scene at around 11.50pm.

This was shortly followed by the deployment of a firearms team, police dogs and the force helicopter to surround the area.

According to West Midlands Police, the victim was given first aid at the scene and is now in a critical condition in hospital.

The police believe the victim was deliberately targeted and this was not a random attack.

‘Initial enquiries indicate this was a targeted attack and that the gunman escaped on foot’

Detective Inspector Justin Spanner, (CID), said ‘the motive for the attack remains unclear, but initial enquiries indicate this was a targeted attack and that the gunman escaped on foot’.

Adderley Street and surrounding roads have been closed while officers carry out searches and are expected to remain closed for some time, urging drivers and pedestrians to avoid the area.

The public are being urged to come forward with any information regarding the attack by ringing 101.