Redbrick | The official student newspaper of the University of Birmingham

Review: Bomber Crew

Student Loans Company Monitor Estranged Students’ Social Media

Pressing Issues: Donald Trump and Global News Journalism

Single Review: The 1975 – Love It If We Made It

Rightmove Embroiled in ‘Sex for Rent’ Phenomenon

On 25th July, students discovered an advert on Rightmove for a two-bedroom house in Selly Oak for female students 'with reduced rent' for 'special favours'.

Guild of Students Named ‘Union of the Year’ By NUS

Birmingham beat off competition from Leeds, Worcester, and London

Councillors Claim Creative Subjects Are Sidelined

Birmingham Councillors have recently called for creative subjects to be added to the English Baccalaureate (EBacc) certificate.

Comment

INTERNATIONAL

News Editor Tom Leaman discusses whether President Trump's continued attacks on the media threaten the accuracy and freedom of the global press.

SLIDER (COMMENT)

Will a Mental Health Certificate for Universities Instigate Improvement?

Comment Writer Madeline McInnis discusses the UK Government's proposed introduction of a 'Mental Health Certificate' across universities

Features
Campus Sport

SLIDER (SPORTS)

Kick-Ass! Competition Success For UoB Kickboxers- Part 4

Sport writer Kieren Williams reports on the UoB Kickboxing Team's latest competition successes in a four-part special for Redbrick Sport, in Part 4, he reports on the evening of finals for UoB

SLIDER (SPORTS)

Kick-Ass! Competition Success For UoB Kickboxers- Part 3

Sport writer Kieren Williams reports on the UoB Kickboxing Team's latest competition successes in a four-part special for Redbrick Sport, in Part 3, he rounds up some impressive performances for the Middleweight Women

SLIDER (SPORTS)

Kick-Ass! Competition Success For UoB Kickboxers- Part 2

Sport writer Kieren Williams reports on the UoB Kickboxing Team's latest competition successes in a four-part special for Redbrick Sport, in Part 2, we move through the latter end of the middleweights and into the Heavyweight Beginner Males

Latest Posts

SINGLE REVIEWS

Single Review: BROCKHAMPTON- ‘1998 TRUMAN’

Harry Hetherington finds BROCKHAMPTON's immensely enjoyable single a good sign amidst the group's effective rebirth

LIVE REVIEWS

Festival Review: Longitude

Ben Johns argues that the Sunday of Longitude, led by the likes of Solange, SZA and IAMDDB, deserves more credit than many gave it

LIVE REVIEWS

Festival Review: British Summer Time – Bruno Mars

Amelia Hiller journeyed to Hyde Park's British Summer Time for a day of sun and music headlined by pop sensation Bruno Mars and told us all about it

Redbrick Photography and Illustration

Redbrick Awards 2017

Sport were the big winners at this year's Redbrick Awards, taking home top prizes for Best Section and Best Editor at the Botanical Gardens (all photos by Elafris Photography)

By Redbrick on 21st June 2017
More images

Alumni Sportsday 2017

Redbrick's photographers were out in force to capture some of the action on Alumni Sportsday