Redbrick | The official student newspaper of the University of Birmingham

Can Comfort Food Sit Comfortably on Your Conscience?

Review: The Hate U Give

Review: Birmingham’s Christmas Markets

Animal Testing in the Cosmetic Industry: How Brands Are Using Legal Loopholes in 2018

13 Year Old Boy Arrested Following Triple Stabbing Near UoB School

A 13 year old boy has been arrested on suspicion of assault after what West Midlands Police are calling a ‘major incident’ took place on Monday 10th December

Access to Success Conference Held at UoB

On Wednesday 14th November, the University of Birmingham held a conference dedicated to supporting first-generation university students and encouraging them into success while studying

Comment

INTERNATIONAL

Comfort Women: An Untold History

Holly Pittaway argues for more education and awareness of the history of Japan's comfort women

BREXIT

A New Form of Nationalism

Nathan Clarke urges respect and reflection surrounding the dangers of nationalism and far-right populism, arguing that we must work towards peace in Europe

Features
Campus Sport

SLIDER (SPORTS)

xpLosION 2018: Birmingham Lions Lose Out To Swansea Titans

Sport's Ben Garrett reports on the biggest night in the Birmingham Lions' calendar

SLIDER (SPORTS)

Kick-Ass! Competition Success For UoB Kickboxers- Part 4

Sport writer Kieren Williams reports on the UoB Kickboxing Team's latest competition successes in a four-part special for Redbrick Sport, in Part 4, he reports on the evening of finals for UoB

SLIDER (SPORTS)

Kick-Ass! Competition Success For UoB Kickboxers- Part 3

Sport writer Kieren Williams reports on the UoB Kickboxing Team's latest competition successes in a four-part special for Redbrick Sport, in Part 3, he rounds up some impressive performances for the Middleweight Women

Latest Posts

FEATURES

Blackbox Closure & the Agent of Change Principal

In light of recent events, Nathan Davies walks us through the troubled history of The Rainbow Pub and Blackbox and explains the recent closure's impacts on Birmingham

FEATURES

Every Classic Christmas Hit: Ranked

Music Writer Andrew Pollard completes the painstaking task of ranking every notable Christmas hit you're bound to hear in the next few weeks

LIVE REVIEWS

Live Review: Kamaal Williams

Redbrick Music Writer Seb Rolley is enamoured by Kamaal William's excellent brand of 'wu funk', reviewing his latest show at The Crossing

Redbrick Photography and Illustration

Redbrick Awards 2018

Comment were the big winners at 2018's Redbrick Awards, picking up the coveted prize for 'Best Section' during the celebrations at Highbury Hall

By Redbrick on 19th August 2018
More images

Alumni Sportsday 2017

Redbrick's photographers were out in force to capture some of the action on Alumni Sportsday