Redbrick | The official student newspaper of the University of Birmingham

A Step Too Far? – Botox on the High Street

A Beginner’s Guide To: Jamaican Music in the UK

Live Review: You Me At Six

The Apprentice is Back in Business

UoB Hockey Banned From Sports Night

The University of Birmingham’s hockey team have been banned from Sports Night after a series of complaints were made against the club

University of Birmingham Shortlisted for LGBT Award

The University of Birmingham has been shortlisted for the 2018 European Diversity Awards (EDA)

Sir David Attenborough Praises UoB Duo for VR Work

A University of Birmingham Professor has received a hand-written letter from Sir David Attenborough to congratulate his student’s work in Virtual Reality (VR) technology

Comment

BREXIT

Hateful Comments May Have Gone Too Far

Comment writer Hannah Lay argues that the recent hateful comments regarding Theresa May are inexcusable

INTERNATIONAL

Good Leader, Bad Man?

Comment writer Jonathan Korn explores the extent to which bad people can be good leaders, and the moral complications that accompany this

Features
Campus Sport

SLIDER (SPORTS)

Kick-Ass! Competition Success For UoB Kickboxers- Part 4

Sport writer Kieren Williams reports on the UoB Kickboxing Team's latest competition successes in a four-part special for Redbrick Sport, in Part 4, he reports on the evening of finals for UoB

SLIDER (SPORTS)

Kick-Ass! Competition Success For UoB Kickboxers- Part 3

Sport writer Kieren Williams reports on the UoB Kickboxing Team's latest competition successes in a four-part special for Redbrick Sport, in Part 3, he rounds up some impressive performances for the Middleweight Women

SLIDER (SPORTS)

Kick-Ass! Competition Success For UoB Kickboxers- Part 2

Sport writer Kieren Williams reports on the UoB Kickboxing Team's latest competition successes in a four-part special for Redbrick Sport, in Part 2, we move through the latter end of the middleweights and into the Heavyweight Beginner Males

Latest Posts

OPINION

Heterosexual Civil Partnerships

Life&Style Writer Lydia Waller discusses the government's new agreement to make civil partnerships available to heterosexual couples

BEAUTY

Life and Style Writer Lizzie Newton discusses Superdrug now stocking botox and fillers and how this affects the accessibility of cosmetic surgery

SINGLE REVIEWS

Single Review: The Vaccines – All My Friends Are Falling in Love

The Vaccines refuse to deviate from their quest to become one of the 21st century's most notorious one-album wonders, with a new single that scrapes miserably along the bottom of the indie-pop barrel

Redbrick Photography and Illustration

Redbrick Awards 2018

Comment were the big winners at 2018's Redbrick Awards, picking up the coveted prize for 'Best Section' during the celebrations at Highbury Hall

By Redbrick on 19th August 2018
More images

Alumni Sportsday 2017

Redbrick's photographers were out in force to capture some of the action on Alumni Sportsday