Redbrick | The official student newspaper of the University of Birmingham

Review: RSVP

An Ode to the Naked Palette: Iconic Beauty Products

‘Universal Standard’ Launches Foundation Basics Line with Sizes From 0-40

Review: The Nutcracker and the Four Realms

Redbrick News Investigates: Fuel Poverty In Selly Oak And Harborne

Redbrick conducted a survey and spoke to students, a local MP, and Welfare and Community Officer Izzy Bygrave to learn more about the issue of fuel poverty in the areas surrounding the University

University Education Does Not Close Pay Gap for Women

A new study has been conducted which is the first to compare the benefits of a university education with the earnings of non-graduate workers

13 Year Old Boy Arrested Following Triple Stabbing Near UoB School

A 13 year old boy has been arrested on suspicion of assault after what West Midlands Police are calling a ‘major incident’ took place on Monday 10th December

Comment

NATIONAL

A Frosty Reception for Iceland

Comment writer Hannah Lay explains why she feels it was right for Iceland's 2018 Christmas advert to be banned

INTERNATIONAL

Has The Internet Killed Print?

Jonathan Korn argues that the internet age signals the death of print journalism, but insists that Redbrick still thrives in print form

Features
Campus Sport

SLIDER (SPORTS)

xpLosION 2018: Birmingham Lions Lose Out To Swansea Titans

Sport's Ben Garrett reports on the biggest night in the Birmingham Lions' calendar

SLIDER (SPORTS)

Kick-Ass! Competition Success For UoB Kickboxers- Part 4

Sport writer Kieren Williams reports on the UoB Kickboxing Team's latest competition successes in a four-part special for Redbrick Sport, in Part 4, he reports on the evening of finals for UoB

SLIDER (SPORTS)

Kick-Ass! Competition Success For UoB Kickboxers- Part 3

Sport writer Kieren Williams reports on the UoB Kickboxing Team's latest competition successes in a four-part special for Redbrick Sport, in Part 3, he rounds up some impressive performances for the Middleweight Women

Latest Posts

CELEBS

Meghan Markle Speaks Up About Social Media

Life&Style's Jessica Capper discusses the Duchess of Sussex's recent comments about the effect of social media use on mental health

FASHION

Life and Style Writer Ella Foster discusses fashion brand Universal Standard's launch of their Foundation Basics with sizes ranging from 0-40

Redbrick Photography and Illustration

Redbrick Awards 2018

Comment were the big winners at 2018's Redbrick Awards, picking up the coveted prize for 'Best Section' during the celebrations at Highbury Hall

By Redbrick on 19th August 2018
More images

Alumni Sportsday 2017

Redbrick's photographers were out in force to capture some of the action on Alumni Sportsday