Single Review: Pusha T - No Problem | Redbrick | University of Birmingham

Single Review: Pusha T – No Problem

When he's not beefing with Drake, Pusha T is blessing blockbuster movies with his trademark hard-hitting raps, Music Writer Matthew Johnson reviews

The blockbuster on the tip of everyone’s tongue this week is the highly anticipated Venom. Starring Tom Hardy as the infamous character in the Spiderman story, Marvel’s Venom has a soundtrack produced by Ludwig Goransson.

Pusha T delivers with hard hitting bars about this deep seated anger and brutal strength and aggression pumped into Tom Hardy’s character
Eminem had a song released in August called ‘Knock Knock’, and Pusha T is the latest artist to have a feature in the blockbuster soundtrack with ‘No Problem’. It is a clear choice from Marvel to produce a gritty soundtrack for this antihero movie, and Pusha T delivers with hard hitting bars about this deep seated anger and brutal strength and aggression pumped into Tom Hardy’s character. Lines like 'Dead or alive, I’m wanted/ Just like a ghost I’m haunted' really add a gritty layer to the track which Pusha T delivers incredibly well.

This song is certainly no lyrical masterpiece, yet its role in the soundtrack speaks volumes for the progression of rap in the popular spheres of music. Furthermore, to feature on a soundtrack involving figures such as Eminem and Run the Jewels, Pusha T’s stature in the industry is undoubtedly still rocketing following his blockbuster album DAYTONA, produced by Kanye West.

Hopefully this track will help Pusha T’s progression in the music industry as more of a mainstream artist, as his voice and style are becoming more solidified as a characteristic of the contemporary hip hop scene.

'Venom (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)' is available now via Columbia Pictures Industries.

2nd November 2018 at 7:00 am

1st November 2018 at 10:23 pm

Rodrigo Diaz