Rosie Pooley runs through the best sitcoms to cross the Atlantic. 5. How I Met Your Mother – This sitcom began with hapless romantic Ted telling his kids the story of how he met their mother. But after eight series, the laughs may still be coming, but the writers are still keeping us guessing about […]

Written by Rosie Pooley
Wannabe film maker and TV junkie, with a love of popcorn and 80s films.

Rosie Pooley runs through the best sitcoms to cross the Atlantic.

HIMYM

5. How I Met Your Mother – This sitcom began with hapless romantic Ted telling his kids the story of how he met their mother. But after eight series, the laughs may still be coming, but the writers are still keeping us guessing about whom Ted’s wife will be… Will we ever find out how Ted met his girl?

office

4. The Office US – After a disappointing start, where the show was a complete copy of the British equivalent, the second series saw The Office find it’s feet US style. With Steve Carrell running the office up until recently and a great supporting cast from Rainn Wilson and John Krasinksi, you know you’re in for a comedy treat.

frasier

3. Frasier – Spin-off from TV classic Cheers, Frasier is still the classiest sitcom ever to cross the pond. After moving back in with his father, Frasier Crane spent 11 years on our screens, providing us with one of the most successful spin-off programmes in television history – and deservedly so.

modern fam

2. Modern Family – A mockumentary that follows the lives of three very different ‘modern families’ that are all related. Currently in its fourth season, Modern Family has earned its comedy credentials, winning a host of awards and devoted fans. If you haven’t caught on yet, start now!

friends-image-2-971816166

1. Friends – It may be cheesy, and have finished over 8 years ago no less, but there’s still a few of us that come back from lectures, grab a cup of tea and stick on an episode of Friends. Seeing Ross, Rachel, Monica, Chandler, Phoebe and of course Joey on our screens has become the security blanket of TV viewing and it looks like we won’t be giving them up anytime soon… because, they’ll always be there for you!