The “vajazzle” – TOWIE catchphrases have made their way into our vocabulary from the first time Harry said ‘shut up’. But the definitive Essex slang came when TOWIE superstar Amy Childs vajazzles Sam ready for a big night out. Amy gives Sam a diamond bikini line to be proud of, and vajazzling firmly became part […]

Written by Rosie Pooley
Wannabe film maker and TV junkie, with a love of popcorn and 80s films.
  1. The “vajazzle” – TOWIE catchphrases have made their way into our vocabulary from the first time Harry said ‘shut up’. But the definitive Essex slang came when TOWIE superstar Amy Childs vajazzles Sam ready for a big night out. Amy gives Sam a diamond bikini line to be proud of, and vajazzling firmly became part of every Essex girl’s beauty regime.

1. Gemma’s Candy – Before everything was so sweet for Gemma and Arg, in TOWIE spin off ‘The Only Way is Marbs’, Gemma confronts Arg over the rude comments he has been making behind her back. After stripping off poolside she proudly lets Arg know that he “ain’t ever gonna get this candy”. You go girl.

1. ‘The thong song’ – Arg had been acting strangely for a couple of weeks, especially towards new girlfriend Gemma Collins. To make it up to his vivacious co-star he stripped down to his pants, socks… and thong, and treated her to a romantic serenade, as well as a new fish tank. Who says romance is dead?

2. Lauren and Mark’s engagement Party – In the early episodes Lauren Goodger and Mark Wright’s relationship was top of the list of TOWIE drama. But after 8 months apart Mark proposes to on/off girlfriend Lauren and in true Essex style they throw the most glamorous engagement party around – complete with Mark, and a reluctant Arg, arriving on horseback.

1. TOWIE goes glamping  – Sam Faiers invites her new beau, Joey Essex, on a romantic glamping trip and brings a few other TOWIE castmates along for the ride. For all those not in the know, Sam describes glamping as “being all glam like we are and then we go camping”. Genius. The episode unfolds with fashionable wellies, Joey in uggboots and Harry Derbridge digging a latrine.

Catch The Only Way Is Essex, Wednesday and Sunday ITV2, 10pm