The Vice President Sport and Nutrition (VPSN) hustings were held independently to the other hustings in combination with the ‘sports forum’.

Education Correspondent. 3rd year History student. Interests: History, Politics, Journalism.

The Vice President Sport and Nutrition (VPSN) hustings were held independently to the other hustings in combination with the ‘sports forum’. The evening began at 6pm in the Arts building and was hosted by the current VPS Vicki Harris.

Before the hustings began, the project manager of the new sports centre had a quick talk about the plans for the new gym. The site will begin construction in April with hopes that the new gym will be open in January 2016.

Policies: To raise the profile of the social side of sport, more coverage of smaller sports clubs and provision of University of Birmingham sport despite gym redevelopment.

Vicki then reminded everyone that voting was open and allowed the  VPSN candidate, Molly Browne , running opposed only to RON, her sixty-second speech.

Molly reviewed her three main policies in her speech: to raise the profile of the social side of sport, more coverage of smaller sports clubs and provision of University of Birmingham sport despite gym redevelopment. She then asked for people to vote for her against re-opening the nominations.

After her speech, Molly was asked several questions. She believes her online calendar would be very important to give clubs more awareness. She believes this will create more fairness in publicising all sports in the guild. Molly also wants to improve the social aspect of clubs. She has ‘seen barriers in the sports’ with social people and non-social players. She wishes to eliminate this by promoting the social side of sport.

Molly would also like to see better coverage of smaller sports utilising the facilities within the Guild media groups such as Redbrick, Guild TV and BurnFM. As VPSN she would help smaller clubs promote themselves.