FIERCE Vintage Fairs: Vintage clothing has taken over Birmingham for 2014, with bigger and better fashion than ever before! Check out the Custard Factory website for all the latest events, such as the Vintage Kilo Sale. BAFTAs 2014: Gracing our screens once again on Sunday 16th February, this year’s ceremony is certain to be a night of […]

FIERCEBAFTA AWARD NOMINATIONS, LONDON, BRITAIN - 1999

Vintage Fairs: Vintage clothing has taken over Birmingham for 2014, with bigger and better fashion than ever before! Check out the Custard Factory website for all the latest events, such as the Vintage Kilo Sale.

BAFTAs 2014: Gracing our screens once again on Sunday 16th February, this year’s ceremony is certain to be a night of glamour, celebrities and couture, as we discover the worthy winners.

Supermarket Games: Hot meals are still desperately needed in the cold weather, but playing the ‘Who can get the best meal for a pound?’ game makes the whole cooking process much more fun! 20p noodles anyone?

Student Discounts: Provided you haven’t already spent your student loan on ten pairs of must-have shoes or the next iPhone 5x, y or z, there are plenty of new vouchers and discount codes out at the moment, saving you money on everything from cinema trips to tree-top climbing!

—–

FINISHED

Selly-Oak-350x210Easter Eggs: Row upon row of chocolatey goodness has been taunting us from the shelves for weeks now, but it’ll be a while before we actually get to treat ourselves!

Housing Deposits: We’re already poor, and making us pay for a house we won’t actually live in for almost another year is just emphasising our empty pockets.

Repetitive songs in clubs: If they gave a pound for every time a DJ played Teenage Dirtbag, Mr Brightside and Stacey’s Mom at the end of a night, we’d all have enough to pay off our student debt!

Procrastination: Time seems to be passing faster than Usain Bolt on steroids this term, so ignoring all that work in favour of watching old episodes of Breaking Bad is sadly no longer an option.

Written by Bethany Barley