Vici “Casino” Royle ‘First day went really well. The rain obviously was a bit of a downer but this meant that I could have a breather meeting with my campaign manager to reflect on the day’s results. And to not overwhelm students with what has been a bit of a manic shift to the pretty […]

Written by Chris Hutchinson
Chris Hutchinson Digital Editor at Redbrick

Vici “Casino” Royle

‘First day went really well. The rain obviously was a bit of a downer but this meant that I could have
a breather meeting with my campaign manager to reflect on the day’s results. And to not overwhelm
students with what has been a bit of a manic shift to the pretty and serene campus to an elections-
heavy, banner-heavy, cardboard-heavy campus.’

Rob “the Builder” Sassoon

‘This is my fifth time running a cross-campus campaign and it’s even more tiring than ever before!
I’m glad there’s been some discussion about my manifesto points and their feasibility, and I would
hope that people would accept that cheaper drinks in Joe’s are perfectly plausible next year despite
other candidates suggesting otherwise. It’s been great to get to know candidates today, I’ve already
made lots of new friends and not only am I looking forward to the 2 weeks ahead, but also starting
to count down the days left!’

Leander “The Panda” Jones

‘Nothing special yet! It’s too early to tell. I’m a bit gutted I put out loads of cardboard in the morning
and then had to run around like a maniac half way through the day and take it all down again
because it started raining. My legs are exhausted, and I hope the sun starts shining.’