This Thursday, Writers’ Bloc will be representing the University of Birmingham in a multi-team inter-university Poetry Slam against Pembroke College (Cambridge) and Cardiff University. It’s happening on home-turf: the beloved Writers’ Bloc pub, the Bristol Pear. Brought to you by Ben Norris, the mastermind behind Writers’ Bloc’s famous Grizzly Pear, and hosted by Chazz Redhead, […]

Jenna Clake is the former Online Arts Editor of Redbrick and studies English with Creative Writing at the University of Birmingham.

This Thursday, Writers’ Bloc will be representing the University of Birmingham in a multi-team inter-university Poetry Slam against Pembroke College (Cambridge) and Cardiff University. It’s happening on home-turf: the beloved Writers’ Bloc pub, the Bristol Pear.

Brought to you by Ben Norris, the mastermind behind Writers’ Bloc’s famous Grizzly Pear, and hosted by Chazz Redhead, this night is set to be one of the biggest in multi-team inter-university Poetry Slam history.

Let’s meet the Birmingham team:
SlamTeam2

L to R: James Grady, Elisha Owen, Ben Norris, Lily Blacksell and Ben Jackson

You will be choosing which university takes home the crown by voting for your favourite poem and poet of each round. If none of this makes sense, then Sacrificial Poet Ben Jackson will be on hand to give you an introduction to all things Slam.

Venue: The Bristol Pear
Tickets: On the door, £3 WB members, £4 non-members