Life and Style Writer, Holly Cockburn discusses the release of Jimmy Choo’s Voyager Boots which are designed to heat up through a bespoke app

I believe the world is split into two kinds of people. Some people are committed to their trainers. Whether it be the cool dad kind, expensive exercise pairs specifically moulded to your feet or the simple yet iconic white tennis shoe. Whatever your poison, the fashion world is undeniably besotted with the effortless sneaker.

On the other side of the spectrum we have the boot fanatic. Once upon a time we were committed to the (shamefully fake) UGG, shifting in recent years to the timeless Chelsea boot or the edgy Docs, passed down by your mother from the 80s. But boots have undeniably taken a back seat in fashion recently. The focal point is on trainers, worn with mom jeans, silk skirts and dresses for an androgynous touch. But when it comes to the winter months, are we really committed to having our socks and toes soaked to the bone by the slush that lines Britain’s streets?

As the dark cold evenings draw in, I think we can all vouch for prioritising comfort over fashion. Primark’s fluffy socks peeking out of your boots? No shame there. PJ leggings layered under mom jeans? In the name of warmth, there is no line that cannot be crossed. But for the fashion conscious of us, a more fashionable approach may be favourable – and will definitely help with the wintery Insta feeds.

Jimmy Choo aims to help with just that, with their new waterproof and heated Voyager boots.

The boots can be controlled via a bespoke Jimmy Choo app, and heated between 25-45 degree Celsius

The boots can be controlled via a bespoke Jimmy Choo app, and heated between 25-45 degree Celsius. The heated soles can be charged via a USB cable and last up to 8 hours, while also tracking your steps. Heated, stylish and tracking your fitness? There seems to be nothing these boots don’t do.

However, if the heat gets too much (I say with doubt) then the shearling lining will keep your feet comfortable and warm, embedded in pure luxury. They are available for both men and women in two colour ways; black and white to suit any outfit eventuality. The Jimmy Choo logo across the back of the boot leaves a subtle yet elegant touch. Whether or not you are wearing your boots for a trek across Icelandic glaciers or merely to lectures, the water resistant vachetta leather will certainly keep your socks dry.

Here’s the catch, the boots are available to buy now for an eye-watering £1,250 – not ideal for a student budget. They are however, an item of pure sophistication and are a significant step in the fashion industry incorporating technology into more accessories.

Gone are the days of QVC heated scarves and feet warmers; tech and luxury fashion are now firm friends

Gone are the days of QVC heated scarves and feet warmers; tech and luxury fashion are now firm friends. But for those of us on a budget, we may have to stick to Docs and furry socks for now.

If you want cosy feet this winter and don’t mind burning through your student loan, shop the boots here.