Terms of service
Any changes we make to the terms and conditions will be reflected on this page.
1. Registration When you register, you are registering as a personal user of Redbrickonline.co.uk. Access to registration areas is via your email address and password. We allow you access to the registration areas of the site on the basis that:
(i) your email address and password are personal to you and may not be used by anyone else to access redbrickonline.co.uk
(ii) you will not do anything which would assist anyone who is not a registered user to gain access to any registration area of redbrickonline.co.uk
(iii) you do not maliciously create additional registration accounts for the purpose of abusing the functionality of the site, or other users; nor do you seek to pass yourself off as another user
(iv) you comply with these terms and conditions. If, for any reason, we believe that you have not complied with these requirements, we may, at our discretion, cancel your access to the registration areas of redbrickonline.co.uk immediately and without giving you any advance notice.
2. Termination of registration If we wish to bring the agreement to an end, we will do so by emailing you at the address you have registered stating that the agreement has terminated. The agreement will terminate and your email address and password will become invalid on redbrickonline.co.uk immediately.
3. Use of material appearing on redbrickonline.co.uk Please refer to our Creative Commons and Contribution policy
4. Disclaimer of liability To the extent permitted at law, we do not accept any responsibility for any statement in the material. You must not rely on any statement we have published on redbrickonline.co.uk without first taking specialist professional advice. Nothing in the material is provided for any specific purpose or at the request of any particular person. For the avoidance of confusion, we will not be liable for any loss caused as a result of your doing, or not doing, anything as a result of viewing, reading or listening to the material or any part of it (except for death or personal injury attributable to our negligence and to the extent permitted at law). You can access other sites via links from redbrickonline.co.uk. These sites are not under our control and we are not responsible in any way for any of their contents. We give no warranties of any kind concerning redbrickonline.co.uk or the material. In particular, we do not warrant that redbrickonline.co.uk or any of its contents is virus free. You must take your own precautions in this respect as we accept no responsibility for any infection by virus or other contamination or by anything which has destructive properties.
5. Third party material on redbrickonline.co.uk You will see advertising material submitted by third parties on redbrickonline.co.uk. Individual advertisers are solely responsible for the content of advertising material which they submit to us, including ensuring that it complies with relevant legislation. We accept no responsibility for the content of advertising material, including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein. If you want to advertise on redbrickonline.co.uk, please email the user help team at firstname.lastname@example.org, and they will pass your details on to our advertising sales team.
6. Submitting graphical material and photography for publication on redbrickonline.co.uk Interactions with our site are governed by our Community participation and user generated content guidelines which are incorporated in these Terms of Service. You will be deemed to consent to these guidelines if you choose to post any content or comments to the site. When you send a photograph or other graphical material to us you do so in accordance with these Terms of service. This means that you hereby agree that you have taken the photograph(s) you have sent to us or you have permission from or are authorised by the owner of the photograph(s) to send it (them) to us, and you are granting us a non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to publish or otherwise use the photograph(s) in any way and at any time we want on the redbrickonline.co.uk web site. Selected photographs and graphical material will be published at the discretion of the editor and you will not be paid, even if your photograph(s) is (are) published. We may cut, edit, crop or arrange your photograph(s) or graphic as we think fit to appear on the redbrickonline.co.uk web site, and we may remove your photograph(s) or graphics at any time. Your name will be published alongside your photograph(s) or graphic, but we may edit or delete any comments which you submit along with your photograph(s) or graphic. IMPORTANT: You or the owner of the photograph(s) still own the copyright in the photograph(s) sent to us and are free to republish the photograph(s) wherever you or the owner wish and in whatever medium you or the owner want.
7. Submitting text for publication on redbrickonline.co.uk Users of our site may submit material for publication in various areas of the site, including our Comments system, and user participation blogs. We accept no liability in respect of any material submitted by users and published by us and we are not responsible for its content and accuracy. If you want to submit material to us for publication on redbrickonline.co.uk, you may do so on the following terms and conditions:
(i) publication of any material you submit to us will be at our sole discretion. We reserve the right to make additions or deletions to the text or graphics prior to publication, or to refuse publication
(ii) you grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide licence to republish any material you submit to us in any format, including without limitation print and electronic format
(iii) you warrant to us that any material you submit to us is your own original work and that you own the copyright and any other relevant rights
(iv) you warrant that the material you submit is not obscene, offensive, defamatory of any person or otherwise illegal (v) you agree not to post material which is deliberately intended to upset other users
(vi) you acknowledge that any breach of these warranties may cause us damage or loss and you agree to indemnify us in full and permanently against any third party liabilities, claims, costs, loss or damage we incur as a result of publishing material you submit to us, including consequential losses.
(vii) we reserve the right to remove your access to individual services completely if we believe you are abusing the services in any way. Interactions with our site are governed by our Community participation and user generated content guidelines which expand on the points above and are incorporated in these Terms of Service. You will be deemed to consent to these guidelines if you choose to post any content or comments to the site.
9. Variations These terms may be varied from time to time. Please ensure that you review these terms and conditions regularly as you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you continue to use the site after it has been posted. Details of variations will be posted in section 12 below.
10. Force majeure Although we will do our best to provide constant, uninterrupted access to redbrickonline.co.uk, we do not guarantee this. We accept no responsibility or liability for any interruption or delay.
11. Governing law & jurisdiction This agreement is governed by English law and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.