Preview: Bar + Block's World Malbec Day Deal | Redbrick | University of Birmingham

Preview: Bar + Block’s World Malbec Day Deal

Food & Drink's Evangeline Hunt gives us the heads up for Bar + Block's fab deal for World Malbec Day

What better way to indulge on #winewednesday than by celebrating World Malbec Day on Wednesday, 17th April with Bar + Block Steakhouse, who are giving diners a free glass of Malbec with every food order.

Enjoying a meal out provides the perfect revision break after a long day in the library, and what better way to make it budget friendly than a complimentary glass of Steakmaker Malbec. 

Bar + Block Steakhouse, who are giving diners a free glass of Malbec with every food order

This purple-skinned grape produces one of Argentina’s leading exports, which is growing in popularity globally. Malbec tends to be both soft and full-bodied, dark in colour and easy to drink – my absolute favourite red wine. A fruity red with drying tannins, Malbec can even develop a sweet tobacco taste as it ages in the barrel.

Malbec goes down particularly well when paired with beef, which makes a trip to Bar + Block an even better idea. Their new spring menu features premium cuts of steak which have been aged for over twenty-eight days and are hand cut on site – meaning you can cater the size of your steak to your appetite. The menu also features a deluxe homemade beef burger with all of the trimmings, as well as a veggie halloumi and courgette option. The chunky chips are triple cooked in beef drippings, whilst also offering sweet potato or halloumi fries.

A trip to Bar + Block Steakhouse is the perfect way to wine down this Wednesday, so don’t miss out on that free glass of Malbec. Any excuse for wine!

Redbrick Travel Editor American Studies Globe Trotter

Bar + Block Steakhouse