News Writer Sofiya Povoas reports on the popular student club, Snobs, moving to Broad Street

Written by Sofiya Povoas

Popular Birmingham nightclub, Snobs, is set to move from its iconic Smallbrook Queensway location to a prime Broad Street spot.

The famous three floor Birmingham club is expected to move to 200 Broad Street early in the new year, marking the end to its over 50 year tenancy. This comes after a period of uncertainty as the Snobs current location was set for demolition. It will replace the Velvet Music Rooms.

Snobs, which celebrated 50 years of business in May 2022, will now join the main strip of clubs on Broad Street including Heidi’s, Rosie’s and Pryzm. The nightclub is known for its diverse range of music ranging from the indie-genre bottom floor, to the typical club hits main floor, and the R&B/rap top floor. It is currently unclear whether all three floors will be maintained with the move.

The famous three floor Birmingham club is expected to move to 200 Broad Street early in the new year

‘It’s been an iconic establishment since the ‘80s,’ said student Hannah Goldie. ‘Even my mum loved going there when she was at university’. 

The original location, which was home to Snobs for over 50 years, is set to be demolished in order to build new flats in the city centre. The club was host to the longest running student night in Birmingham, and was popular with students from University of Birmingham, Aston University and Birmingham City University.

The club was host to the longest running student night in Birmingham

The original home to Snobs in Birmingham was Paradise Circus, which hosted over 2.5 million people during its lifetime. It then moved to its current location of Smallbrook Queensway. Fears had been that the club would soon have to shut completely, but the move to its new location was confirmed recently. 

There also may be new jobs up for grabs says the owner Wayne Tracey, as popularity may grow through the new spot. The club was first opened in 1972 and he later bought it in 2002. He commented ‘I’m so proud to have found such a great position’ and there are hopes that the traditional themed nights will be maintained.

Read more News Articles here:

Rishi Sunak Sacks Suella Braverman following Controversial Times’ Article

Rishi Sunak Rejects Supreme Court Ruling on the Rwanda Policy

AI’s Looming Threat: Bioweapon Development Requires Urgent Regulation