Sports writer Laurence Piper offers the second instalment of Redbrick’s mock NFL draft, which takes place on 27th April

Written by Laurence Piper
Hi, I'm Laurence. I'm a 3rd Year BA History Student at UoB but this is my first year writing for Redbrick. I have been a member of the University American Football team since 1st Year having served on the committee and this past year as a team Captain. I mainly enjoy writing about all thing NFL but I'm also really into my music and literature.
Images by Twitter/@NFLDraft

Following on from the first instalment, Laurence Piper continues his 1st Round Mock Draft picks 11-21. The Tennessee Titans are on the clock…

1. Tennessee Titans: Will Levis (QB)

I think the Ryan Tennehill era in Tennessee is over. With Malik Willis struggling last season, the Titans get one of the best value picks of the day by sitting tight at 11 with QB Will Levis. Some analysts have him as high as their 2nd best QB available in the draft, but I expect the Titans to go QB this year.

1. Houston Texans: Jaxon Smith Njigba (WR)

With the Texans drafting a QB this year they should look to pair him with a young playmaker at the WR position where they have a very weak core of players. The debate here is Jaxon Smith-Njigba or Quentin Johnson and this is a coin flip. If the Texans draft CJ Stroud, I expect them to take Njigba as he was Stroud’s go to college target.

1. Green Bay Packers: Dalton Kincaid (TE)

After the Aaron Rodgers trade was finalised, the Packers move up two spots, and with the Jordan Love era beginning they need to take a player that can support the new signal-caller. With that, look for the first TE to come off the board in the draft. Dalton Kincaid is the best receiving option at the position and will provide a safety blanket and a Red-Zone threat for the team without a viable starter on the team at the position.

1. New England Patriots: Christian Gonzalez (CB)

If somehow Jaxon Smith-Njigba is still on the board that would be my dream pick for the Patriots. However, he was previously selected by the Texans in this mock draft. Mac Jones needs a star player to come in and help him silence the critics and regardless of who is available I think the best choice for the team is to bolster the WR room. Despite the possibility that Belichick may elect to solidify his O-line if the value is there or in this case the DB room if he isn’t enamoured with a WR that is on the board. That being said if past drafts are anything to go by no-one knows what the Patriots are thinking.

1. New York Jets: Paris Johnston Jr (OT)

With one of the best offensive rosters in the NFL, I believe the Jets make a move here to solidify their O-line with Paris Johnson Jr. Rodgers’ NFL days are numbered. Protecting him will give this team their best chance at a Super Bowl whilst their window is open. It’s not flashy but the Jets make a sensible pick having already made their big splash before the draft.

1. Washington Commanders: Joey Porter Jr (CB)

Washington needs help all over and since they have invested heavily in the D-Line in recent drafts I expect them to take the best player available on the board. If the Patriots do indeed go for Gonzalez that leaves Porters going to Washington. He is an instant starter and will help a secondary that faces the Eagles and Cowboys twice a year with both their respective WR weapons.

1. Pittsburgh Steelers: Deonte Banks (CB)

The Steelers are part way through a rebuild after falling just shy of the playoffs last season. They could look to reunite QB Kenny Pickett with college target Jordan Addison here. However, with their current duo of Diontae Johnson and George Pickens, I have them set to draft a very talented corner in Banks that should pay dividends throughout the season.

1. Detroit Lions: Bijan Robinson (RB)

The Lions made a lot of progress last season and WR, TE or D-line selections make sense for the team. However, I have them getting a top-5 player in this draft that falls to no.18 because he isn’t at a position the league values very highly. Robinson is the best RB prospect since Saquon Barkely and his talent will add a different dimension to the Lions run game that saw Jamaal Williams lead the league in rushing TDs.

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Broderick Jones (OT)

With Tom Brady retiring, the Buccaneers have a hole to fill at QB but after recently signing Baker Mayfield and with the team not holding a high pick, I think they look to fill other holes here. The pick that makes sense to me is Jones who will sit opposite of Tristan Wirfs to form a young tandem that could be very dominant but watch this space for a TE pick too.

1. Seattle Seahawks: Lukas Van Ness (DE)

Last year’s Seattle team had their defensive shortcomings shrouded by their surprisingly potent offence. Having taken Jalen Carter earlier this round, I think the Seahawks double down on the D-line with the best DE available to form a pressure package that will give teams a headache.

1. Miami Dolphins: N/A

The Miami Dolphins were forced to forfeit their 1st round pick in the draft after an NFL investigation. They also forfeited their 2024 3rd round pick and several of their executives were suspended.

Checkout these latest sports articles here:

Warwickshire seamers steamroll Kent

NFL: Three underperforming team in the AFC

Somerset rally to earn draw against Warwickshire