Digital Editor Holly Pittaway reviews quality-over-quantity artist Still Woozy’s new single Window, a simultaneously melancholic and uplifting track

Final Year History - slightly opinionated

With 2020 already looking a little lacklustre, the recent release of Still Woozy’s latest single, ‘Window’ has definitely perked things up a bit. Real name Sven Gamsky, Oakland-based Still Woozy has made a name for himself as a creator of unique electro-pop, with his track ‘Goodie Bag’ being catapulted to fame by a Glossier advert last year, though to his most loyal fans he is somewhat of a best-kept-secret, having released only eleven songs in two years. 

To his most loyal fans he is somewhat of a best-kept-secret, having released only eleven songs in two years

But as ever with Still Woozy, it’s all about quality over quantity, and this release is perhaps one of his best yet. ‘Window’ has all the charm of his earlier songs, combining electronic and acoustic sounds to create a calming and catchy track that you’ll want to play over and over again. Still Woozy is all about progression, and elements of his debut album Lately are built on here to give ‘Window’ a simultaneously melancholic and uplifting feel to it. His vocals are laidback but perfectly executed (as always), in keeping with the chilled accompaniment. A bonus of Still Woozy’s work is the unusual cover art, designed by his partner Amiya Kahn-Tietz (also known as aktuallycooks on Instagram) that has become a characteristic component of his music, with this particular single cover as colourful (if not slightly disturbing) as ever.

‘Window’ is Still Woozy at the top of his game, so I urge you if you haven’t heard it already, give it a listen today – trust me, you’ll be hooked.

‘Window’ is available now via Still Woozy Productions Inc

You Might Also Like

Album Review: Lara Marling – Song For Our Daughter
The Influx of Lockdown Live Streams